Yes, there is a war on women.
Those Republicans seem to be on a roll. Just within the last couple of weeks:
- AZ State Representative Terri Proud thinks women should be forced to watch an abortion before they’re allowed to get one. (Then watching ANY medical procedures should be mandatory before you can get one)
- AK State Representative Alan Dick thinks women should be forced to get signed permission from the “father” before they can get an abortion. (You’ll have to wait until we find that rapist/one-night-stand/married guy)
- AZ thinks women should have to justify their birth control decisions with their employers.
- TN wants to publish abortion doctor names and most personal information about women getting abortions.
- ID Assistant Senate Majority Leader Chuck Winder thinks all women should be forced to get ultrasounds before an abortion, even raped women because “I would hope that when a woman goes in to a physician with a rape issue, that physician will indeed ask her about perhaps her marriage, was this pregnancy caused by normal relations in a marriage or was it truly caused by a rape. I assume that’s part of the counseling that goes on.”
- TX passed the ultrasound law without even making the rules clear.
- CO House of Representatives has passed the “First Degree Homicide of an Unborn Child” bill, but it might not pass in the Sate. (Hey Doc, what are you in prison for? I performed an abortion on a young lady who was raped by her step-father. My bad.)
- No Republicans voted to renew the Violence Against Women Act.
There are more examples every day. Apparently women have gotten too uppity with all that freedom and need to be slapped back into the kitchen to be barefoot and constantly pregnant. Men have complete control over their own reproductive decisions but women don’t deserve the same rights? I recently read (but can’t find now) an article about a bill allowing doctors to HIDE information about a fetus if they think the woman may abort based on that information.
Women know when they’ve been raped. Women know when they don’t want a child or even a pregnancy at all. They don’t abort because the child might be one sex or another or because of race issues, they don’t want the child at all. Why are women being forced to carry a child they don’t want?
If men got pregnant this wouldn’t be a discussion.
I just don’t understand the mind-set that decides women are chattel that must be controlled. Are Republican women so meek they can’t or won’t stand up for their rights?